Reasons why my friends are quitting or moving on to other roles after 2 years of graduating form college.
- "The firm I am at is old school and I don't get credit for what I do. Only the managers do."
- "My boss micro manages."
- "Found out they were not paying market rate and they were taking advantage of me."
- "Cost of living is too high for the salary that I am making."
- "I need to get out of the city but more importantly from my parents."
- "The role is not what I expected and this is something that I don't want to do"
- "Life is too short to be looking at spreadsheets all day"
- "I just want to make more money"
- "My co-workers make my life miserable by spreading rumors. I am pretty sure they are just insecure of their work"
- "I want to study more and be an expert in my field"
- "I don't know what I want to do yet and I am going to explore few more fields before I settle down"
- "I want to make music"
- "Tech might be my thing and I want to join a bootcamp"
- "Can't see growth at the firm and there are too many team politics."
Abhinaya is a VC at M25 where she helps make new investments and works with portfolio companies. M25 invests in midwest headquartered early-stage tech startups across industries.